Gnocchi Casserole With Zucchini And Tomatoes
Back when I was vegetarian, this used to be my favorite dish – as I should learn later, it wasn’t even truly vegetarian (due to some obscure ingredient that wasn’t listed on the packaging) and a convenience product at that. When I became a vegan, I thought this meal was lost forever. It was only much later that I actually tried to veganize it – and, as it turned out, my version works just fine!
gnocchi (400 g)
vegan cheese (1 1/2 cups)
flour (1/2 tbsp.)
milk (1/2 cup)
vegetable broth (1 cup)
1. Chop the zucchini into thin slices. Dice the onion. In a skillet with olive oil, fry both for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes.
3. To the zucchini, add flour, milk, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast. Mix well and add the gnocchi.
4. When the gnocchi are done, add 1/2 cup of the vegan cheese. Let simmer for a couple of minutes until the cheese has dissembled.
5. Put the zucchini-gnocchi mixture in a casserole. Add the tomatoes and top with the remaining cheese. Put in the oven for 15 mins, 400°F (200° C).