Oyster Mushroom Cutlets With Mushroom-Cranberry Sauce
Mushroom season has arrived! On that note, I have a very mushroomy recipe for you (my friend called it the ‘Shroomgasm’). It’s basically oyster mushroom cutlets coming with a sauce of yet more mushrooms (albeit champignons) and cranberry goodness. You can serve it with whatever comes to mind – I just threw fries in the oven for simplicity.
For the oyster mushroom cutlets:
oyster mushrooms (a couple, depending on how many cutlets you desire)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup soy flour
paprika powder (both sweet and spicy) (to taste), pepper, salt, chili powder
1. Mix water and soy flour well. Pull the oyster mushrooms through the mixture.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients and coat the mushrooms with it.
3. In a skillet, fry the mushroom cutlets.
For the mushroom-cranberry sauce:
champignon mushrooms (200 g)
cranberries (a handful, depending on how many you like)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup flour
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. salt
provencal herbs (to taste)
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Cut the mushrooms, wash the cranberries.
2. Fry the mushrooms in a skillet. After a couple of minutes, add the flour, soy sauce, vegetable broth and milk. Add cornstarch, nutritional yeast, salt and herbs. Toss in the cranberries.
3. Simmer on low heat for about ten minutes.
Now, you’re good to go!